Hour 24

Tact Welding again… I want to be able to remove all the copper from my craft, so I decided on the extra day to let the tack weld set, remove the wire, then add the seam tape. Here is the syringe i used for the tack welds. ( i actually cleaned this out with Goop from the last go around.. still works!!)

Hour 24

Hour 23

Lining it all up… one last time. I spent a solid hour lining the deck onto the hull this time. It fit reasonably well, but it took time to clean out the holes to add the copper.

Hour 23

I have NO idea what this was doing in this photo!!

Super glue

Hour 22

I spent about an hour cleaning up the edges of the deck (trimming fiberglass, dremeling edge smooth) and then spent some time poking holes (photo: w/ pliers and a nail) through the glass to feed the copper stitches through.

Hour 22

Hour 20

I took some time and sanded down all the little globs of epoxy that I made a mess with when I added the hatch rims.  Then added the fillet to the underside of the deck.  Cold for end of April here.. 45F.

Hour 20

Hour 18

Fiberglass the inside (cockpit area only).. you can see my lights here to both serve as light, and heat for the epoxy, outside temp about 50F and rainy.  Surface temp of craft ranged from 60F at the ends to 90F under the big light (250w)
Hour 18

Hour 16

Prep’ing the joints for fillets. I sanded a few rough spots where the tack weld job got a bit carried away.  And I added the masking tape on the cockpit to try and keep my mess down.. it helped some..

Hour 16